If you haven’t heard yet, unbound is coming to Bahrain to host its unbound Innovation Festival. During the StartUp Bahrain Week, for two days, from March 7th to March 8th at the Bahrain International Circuit, you’re going to be on your feet and you will actually forget what boredom feels like – no kidding, we promise!
The two-day event is organized by unbound, a global initiative that connects brands and corporates with disruptive technology, products and services to fuel their growth, in partnership with the Bahrain Economic Development Board and supported by the community initiative StartUp Bahrain.
The unbound Bahrain festival has so many exciting things lined up for you. It will attract and bridge the gap between 1,000 startups, investors, and business – yes, you heard right, a thousand. Oh, and they’re not just local figures, but regional and international ones that will be traveling all the way to Bahrain to witness this. More than 50 influential speakers are going to present to share with us their experiences and discuss the impact of technology in our daily lives.
But don’t leave just yet, because we believe you’d be interested in what this awesome festival is planning for you and your startup. For two days, startups will have the opportunity to exhibit at the festival, you know what this means right? This opens up so many doors for your startup. Still not convinced? Here are the top reasons why you should exhibit at unbound:
- You’ll be able to participate at FACE-OFF ON THE TRACK Competition. Remember FACE-OFF ON THE BAY that was held last year during Tech Week? Well, it’s coming back again, and better than ever. Organized by Brinc, a global IoT accelerator in Bahrain, and C5 Accelerate, a technology innovation firm and an architect of the Cloud10 Scalerator Program.
- Can’t say no to free marketing. Can you? Because if we were in your place, we’d seize this great opportunity to showcase (and flaunt off) our startup. Think about it, more than 1,000 people are coming, investors and influential people are going to be there, wouldn’t you want them to know that you exist? Exhibiting allows you and your startup to gain traction, and build a network at the same time. We don’t know about you, but this sounds like the perfect chance to step out of your comfort zone and to get your startup out there.
- Pitch like a woman. We love us some women power, and unbound is your right place to highlight the extraordinary efforts of Bahraini women. Eight female entrepreneurs will be invited to participate at the Female Founders Startup Challenge. The winner will be receiving funds from the sponsors which they can use to expand their startups. But that’s not all. The eight entrepreneurs will receive mentoring sessions that will increase their likelihood of winning. What are you waiting for? The deadline is on Feb 10th, apply here!
- It’s all about the wasta, and this festival is your jackpot. We all know the power of networking, don’t we? The more you know people, the more access you have to job opportunities, training programs, events and possibly an investor. The more you know people, the more access you have to job opportunities, training programs, events and possibly investors. unbound Bahrain is the perfect opportunity to rub shoulders with international minds as it will bring together local, regional, and international experts that you can have a small chat with. Who knows, they can help you out in the future sometime! Here’s a glimpse of who’s going to be there at unbound: Enhance, Tenmou, Middle East Venture Partners, Peppers & Rogers Grou, and Leap Ventures.
- You get to brag about going AND exhibiting at one of the biggest international events in the world. Unbound Global Innovation is known worldwide for hosting their amazing festivals around the world. They’re held in Miami, London, Singapore, and this year it’s held in a Middle Eastern country for the first time. And out of all MENA countries, it’s right here in B-Town, isn’t that phenomenal?!
- Hack like a pro at Hack @ the track. The fun doesn’t end here yet. You get to take part at this awesome challenge where you build a solution that encourages the embracing of digital payments by making them appealing, accessible and relevant. This contest is hosted by the American Express Middle East in partnership with IBM. The winner of the contest receives $20,000, and the 1st runner-up gets $10,000 while the 2nd runner-up gets $5,000. You can apply for the hackathon here.
- Meet your favorite entrepreneur and investor. More than 50 entrepreneurs and influential speakers are going to present at unbound, it’s the perfect opportunity to go say hi and fangirl over them! Some of these influential speaksers include Bassel Al Nahlaoui, Managing Director at GULF, Careem, Benjamin Ampen, Revenue & General Manager MENA, Twitter, Khaled Talhouni Managing Partner at Wamda Capital, Asma Shabab, Marketing & Communications Leader at IBM Watson Internet of Things, Hadya Fathalla, C5 Accelerate Executive Director and many more. You can take a look at the complete list of speakers here.
Come on now and don’t miss this awesome opportunity to meet and pitch your startup to brands, corporates and investors. For TWO days, your world is going to be buzzing. Hurry up and apply here, the deadline is on February 5th.
Did you get your tickets yet? What are you waiting for! You don’t want to miss out on this amazing, once in a lifetime experience, now do you? You can purchase your tickets here.