We promised you Bahrain is going to be lit in 2018, and do we ever disappoint (no, we don’t)? Just keep on reading to know what’s going to be popping in March.
But first, we need you to mark your calendars off from the 3rd of March until the 8th because the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB), and the community-led initiative StartUp Bahrain, in strategic partnership with Tamkeen is hosting a killer week.
Under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and Chairman of the Economic Development Board (EDB), Bahrain will host “StartUp Bahrain Week”, a community-led initiative that’s going to bring together the region’s most exciting startup events. Not only that, but it’s going to connect you with some of the brightest entrepreneurial minds, with more than 2,500 people from around the world expected to participate.
Enough suspense, here’s all the fun that’s going to be buzzing in the StartUp Bahrain Week:
- unbound Bahrain. By now you’ve already heard that unbound is coming to Bahrain to host its unbound Innovation Festival. For two days, unbound Bahrain is going to be packed with awesome activities including local, regional and international prominent speakers, in addition to the Female Founders pitching competition, Hack at the Track and so much more. unbound Bahrain will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, March 7th and 8th, at the Bahrain International Circuit. Get your FREE ticket to unbound Bahrain over here by using the promo code MGZN100.
- The first ever game development conference: GCC Game Conference. This is a call out to all the techie geeks and hardcore gamers, this is your perfect opportunity to interact and connect with like-minded people. The conference is organized by INFINITEWARE, and will feature a number of respected game developers. The event will be held on Saturday, March 3rd, at Bahrain Polytechnic. You can read more about the conference here.
- Got what it takes to pitch at FACE-OFF ON THE TRACK? Brought to you by C5 Accelerate and brinc, the second edition of FACE-OFF will be held during unbound Bahrain on the 7th & 8th of March at the Bahrain International Circuit. All you have to do is get up on stage for a chance to win a whopping total of $70,000 in cash prizes from Tamkeen Bahrain, a chance to take part in brinc’s awesome ‘Fast Track’ program, and a Cloud10 Scalerator scholarship for the most innovative startup. The competition will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, March 7th and 8th during unbound Bahrain at the Bahrain International Circuit. What are you waiting for? Apply for the pitching competition here!
- An Amazing Startup Evening with Ben Butler. Ever wondered how Amazon innovates? Want to know how even though it’s a huge organization, they still think like a startup? Ben Butler is joining us from AWS at the next Startup Evenings by Startup MGZN. He’s the global leader for technical content for the World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) Global Customer Innovation Centers and Accelerators at Amazon Web Services (AWS). During the evening, we’ll get to know what makes Amazon unique in the way it operates and how it’s not so different from a small startup. Startup Evenings will be held on Monday, March 5th, at Arcapita. You can register for Startup Evenings here.
- Awesome Rowad Talk with Walid Mansour & Elie Habib . If it hasn’t clicked yet, Walid Mansour is the Partner and Chief Investment Officer of MEVP Funds, and Elie Habib is the co-founder of Anghami. Join us for this Rowad session to know more about these influential people and the journey they’ve been through. Rowad Talk will be held on
Sunday, March 4th, at Alto, Downtown Rotana. Register for the event here.
- You got that innovation blood running in you? Take part in HACK @ THE TRACK. This is a call out to all FinTech startups. Can you find the solution to make digital payments more appealing, accessible and relevant? Show us what you got in HACK @ THE TRACK and win up to $20,000! The competition is organized by American Express and powered by AngelHack, and will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, March 7th and 8th during unbound Bahrain at the Bahrain International Circuit. You can apply for the hackathon here.
- Do you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Show it off on My Startup Bootcamp. Organized by CH9 and YoStartups, the bootcamp aims to provide aspiring startups a complete overview on what it takes to succeed as an entrepreneur. The bootcamp will equip the participants with the methodologies for success, and further, empower them to progress in their entrepreneurial journeys. My Startup Bootcamp will be held on Sunday and Monday, March 4th-5th, from 9 AM to 5 PM at CH9 offices. You can apply for the bootcamp here.
- Follow The Leaders – An international conferences cycle by THINKERS & DOERS. The conference held under the theme of “Boosting the startup ecosystem in Bahrain: a hub for entrepreneurs and investors,” will be an eventful day filled with business meetings, panels discussions, lively sessions, inspiring talks, debates, workshops, masterclasses and so much more! It will be held on Tuesday, March 6th, at the Shaikh Ebrahim Center for Culture and Research. You can register for the event here.
Excited yet? Because we can’t wait for this event to kick off!
And you can read more about the StartUp Bahrain Week on their website here.