StartUp Bahrain Week (SBW) is back and will kick off from March 3rd until the 8th – know what that means? An action packed week filled with activities and sessions carefully designed and catered to innovators and entrepreneurs in Bahrain, including a bootcamp by Yo Startups & Angivest, a Tamkeen and AGC workshop, Unreasonable Thinking Summit by Falak Consulting, a pitching competition during Unbound Bahrain, Flat6Labs Demo Day and a lot more that you wouldn’t want to miss out on!
The week is held under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander, Chairman of the Economic Development Board (EDB), and is organized by the Bahrain EDB, in strategic partnership with Tamkeen and in collaboration with the StartUp Bahrain community.
We at Startup MGZN are super pumped up for it, and you should be too! Why? Here are 6 reasons why you should be looking forward to StartUp Bahrain Week:
- You get a glimpse of the StartUp Bahrain Community. Attending the events during StartUp Bahrain week allows you to meet the players in the ecosystem, including the local startups and the ones regional ones coming to Bahrain, in addition to accelerators, policymakers, and more! You’ll get to meet some of the brightest minds who’re going to share their journey and experience of running their own companies. If you’re planning on launching a startup anytime soon you’re going to find this extremely helpful as they will be more than happy to share with you some tips and tricks.
- Meet investors. A startup week without investors is simply impossible – not in Bahrain’s dictionary at least. If you’re a startup, SBW is the perfect chance to flaunt off your startup and talk about how groundbreaking it is as there will be some investors around. Some of them include Mohammed Jaffar, Deputy Chairman & CEO at Faith Capital Holding, Waleed A. Alballa, Partner at STV, Hasan Haider, Partner at 500 Startups and a lot more! So make sure you get your pitch ready!
- Broaden your knowledge. SBW is going to be filled with informative sessions, workshops, and seminars on entrepreneurship, innovation and the startup ecosystem in the region by some
top levelspeakers such as Tim Draper, founder of Draper Associates, DFJ and the Draper Venture Network, Idriss Al Rifai, Founder & CEO of Fetchr, Leena Al-Olaimy Co-Founder of 3BL Associates, and a lot more!
- Broaden your circle of networks. The main part of any event is the networking. Especially in a small country like Bahrain, networking never hurt
nobody– you get to meet some interesting folks, get to exchange some fresh ideas, widen your circle and most importantly allows you to put yourself out there, making you visible to the tight-knit community we’re in.
- The Unbound Bahrain festival is back. Festive, vibrant, and exciting, the Unbound festival is back to Bahrain for the second time, and is promising you the time of your life. They’ve got some awesome speakers lined up for you, some great panel discussions and workshops, and the highlight of it all? The MENA startup challenge
- Get to know how McDonalds, Netflix, Airbnb, and Snapchat are using AWS. You heard right, AWS will be conducting a complimentary Immersion Day Workshops where you’ll get to learn about what kinds of services these large organizations are using and how they’re using it. The workshop will be covering four topics including AWS Digital Marketing, AWS Data Analytics, AWS for FinTech, and AWS for EdTech and MedTech.
We’re excited about SBW and we look forward to attending it, are we going to see you there? For the full agenda of the week, check out the StartUp Bahrain website here.