A bunch of awesome things are lined up for you guys for one month, you won’t even have time to be slouched on your couch binge-watching TV shows on Netflix. Why? Because one of the largest nationwide shopping festivals is kicking off soon right here in the Kingdom of Bahrain, and you definitely don’t want to miss out on it.
Yep you heard right, the fourth edition of Shop Bahrain will take place from 11th January to the 10th of February and it’s going to be an unforgettable shopping experience for everyone in Bahrain!
Shop Bahrain is organized by the Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority (BTEA) in cooperation with partners from the public and private sectors including Tamkeen, YK Al Moayyed, VIVA Bahrain, and Gulf Air.
These two months will be packed with fun-filled activities that are going to be held outdoors and indoors, and there’s going to be more than 80,000 valuable prizes in the raffle draws which include cars, travel tickets, and more!
Still need a little bit of convincing on why you should attend? Here are 4 awesome things that are going down in Shop Bahrain:
- The return of the Festival City. This is the perfect activity for you and your family. The festival will be located in Bahrain Bay and will include a wide range of exciting activities including carnival games for the kids, outdoor markets where you can shop until you drop, and some awesome live entertainment and performances the entire time you’re there. Festival City will kick off on January 11, until January 27, and will be open on Weekdays from 4 to 10 PM, and on Weekends from 4 to 11 PM. There will be an entrance fee of 2 BD. Kids under the age of four can go in for free.
- Do you love trying out new food? Don’t miss out on the Taste Tour. The Taste Tour will be returning back this year and will include more than 40 participating restaurants located all around Bahrain. Not only will you get a chance to try out some yummy mouthwatering dishes, but you get to vote for your favorite restaurant as well. The Taste Tour will begin from January 11 until February 10, and the set menus will range from BD 5 to BD 12.
- The more you buy, the higher the chances of you winning some cool prizes. As you shop in malls and book your hotel rooms, this allows you to collect points in the Festival’s loyalty system where you can enter the raffle draws to win tickets from Gulf Air and cars from YK Al Moayyed.
- Shopping malls in Bahrain are going to be lit. Literally, This year, the participating malls will be offering some unique activities for your and your family members to enjoy. You’re going to be on your feet the entire time. Here’s what going down in every mall:
- Orange Drummers. In Seef Mall, Seef District, on January 11 until January 13th, at 5 PM, 7 PM, and 9 PM.
- Colored Mirrors: In Seef Mall, Muharraq, on January 11 until January 20, at 5 PM, 7 PM, and 9 PM.
- Mr. Will & Mrs. Kate: In Seef Mall, Muharraq, on January 11 until February 10, at 5 PM, 7 PM, and 9 PM.
- Crystal Challenge: In Bahrain Mall, on January 11 until February 10, from 4 to 10 PM.
- Musical Street Performance: In the Avenues, on January 11 until January 20, at 5:30 PM, 7 PM, and 9 PM.
- Musical Exhibition: In the Avenues, on January 11 until February 10 (during weekends), from 10 AM to 12 AM.
- Mirror House: In Dragon City, on January 11 until January 13, at 5 PM, 7 PM, and 9 PM.
- Jean Debuffet: In City Centre Bahrain, on January 11 until January 13, at 5 PM, 7 PM, and 9 PM.
- Sweets for Kids: In City Centre Bahrain, on January 25 until January 27, at 5 PM, 7 PM, and 9 PM.
- Snakes & Ladders: In Yateem Centre, on January 11 until February 10, from 4 to 10 PM.
- Traditional Game Tournament: In Bab Al Bahrain Mall, on February 2 until February 3, from 4 to 10 PM.
- Indian Dhol Walkabout Performance: In Gold City, on January 18 until January 20, at 5 PM, 7 PM, and 9 PM.
- Winter Wonderland: In Al A’ali Shopping Complex, on January 18 until February 10, from 4 PM to 12 AM.
- Connect Four: In El Mercado, on January 25 until February 10, from 4 to 10 PM.
- Giant Ludo: In Saar Mall, on January 11 until February 10, from 4:30 PM to 10 PM.
- Camping Experience: In Saar Mall, on January 11 until February 10 (during weekends), from 4:30 to 10 PM.
With all these events lined up, we’re super pumped to try them all! Are you?
Shoppers and visitors can learn more about Shop Bahrain by visiting their website here. You can also follow @shopbahrain on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. For more inquiries, you can also talk to the Festival Organizer through Whatsapp on 33480480.