What are your plans for next week? Stuck between work and home, no other plans in the middle? Well, we got you covered, because Tamkeen Bahrain is hosting its Global Entrepreneurship Week from the 11th to the 20th November, and it’s going to be packed with awesome activities for you out there, from workshops, seminars, lectures on entrepreneurship and innovation. And that’s not the best part yet! There are multiple networking events where you get to meet and connect with like-minded folks, and get the chance to have a nice chat with speakers.
Speaking of that. The GEW includes a number of local, regional and international speakers that are just going to blow out your mind. We’re serious, you don’t want to miss out on those speakers.
Since we’re super pumped up for Tamkeen’s GEW event, we at Startup MGZN decided to highlights some of the 9 best speakers that you’d think twice about missing out on next week:
- Mate Rimak: He’s the CEO and Founder of one the first electric sports car in the world: Rimac Automobili. He came all the way from Croatia to share his personal experiences of being an entrepreneur and the problem he’s faced along the way of launching Rimac-Auto Mobili. His forum “Entrepreneurial Chats” is going to be held on November 18, from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM. Register for it here.
- Walaa Nahas: A consultant and expert on economic development and who’s taken an active part in Women’s Entrepreneurship Day in Saudi. She’s coming to Bahrain to give you guys two awesome sessions: A workshop on “Your Business from Home” on November 13, from 4:00 PM to 8:30 PM, where she’s going to give some practical tips that enables you to become your own business owner – just by working from home! The other session is “Raedat” on November 14, from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM, where she will focus on women entrepreneurship, women’s economic empowerment and their active role in business. You can register for them here and here.
- Ali Sabkar: He is the Co-Chair and founder of Social Media Club and SMC MENA, and Co-Author of WhyMarketing.me. Ali Sabkar will be giving a workshop on “Marketing on a Budget Using Social Media,” where he will outline the various tools and resources that one can use to market their startups at a very low cost. It will be held on November 11, from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM. You can register for it here.
- Ehsan Al-Kooheji: He is the founder and GM of Kooheji Systems, a technology solutions provider focused on web and app development. He’s also a specialist in diverse fields of business and technology and has worked in various fields including telecommunications, information technology, real estate development, and branding and advertising. He’ll be giving a workshop on understanding the building blocks behind mobile applications and website development for your business and the things you need to avoid. It will be held on November 11, from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM. Register for it here.
- Sinan Khatib: An entrepreneur who has built several businesses in the U.S. and the Middle East and is currently based in Bahrain. He is the founder of Burrito Loco, Noodle Wok, and Sandwich Guys, with branches in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. He’ll be one of the panelists in the Startup Evening session where he’ll be debunking some of the common myths on entrepreneurship. It will be held on November 12, from 7PM to 9PM. You can register for it here.
- Nadia Muijrers: She’s a lecturer at Arab Open University, a Management Consultant, and previously worked as an Organizational Change Consultant and Project Manager at SHM, London, UK. Nadia is going to be giving two sessions: A workshop on “Social Innovation” on November 12, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, where you learn how to develop a project, and the second one is seminar on “Innovation, Collaboration and Competition” on 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM, where the topic of social entrepreneurship, and how one can protect their intellectual property rights in Bahrain is going to be discussed. You can register for them here and here.
- Imran Al-Aradi: Bahrain’s favorite comedian who also recently became the head of Radio Bahrain (Congratulations Imran!) Al Aradi is a full time entertainer based in the Kingdom of Bahrain, with over 18 years worth of experience. He performed and MC’ed for the biggest corporate names around the GCC. He started his comedy career in 2008 when he performed with the Axis of Evil Comedy Tour in Bahrain, which marked the beginning of when Imran pursued comedy from his passion to his profession. Imran is going to give a workshop on how can you turn your passion into a career on November 13, from 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM. Register for it here.
- Leena Al-Olaimy: A Social Entrepreneur, Co-Founder and Managing Director of 3BL Associates and author of the book Fundamentalist. She’s also a Mentor at the Manama Hub Global Shapers Community. Leena will also be giving two workshops: one on “Business Model Innovation Lab”, held on November 19, from 1:00PM to 8:00PM where she’ll talk about the different tools and approaches one can use while developing their business idea. The other workshop is on “Sustainable Business Lab” held on November 20, from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM where she’s going to outline the sustainable business and ethical practices entrepreneurs can use to increase their profits. You can register for them here and here.
- Ricardo Gaspar: Ex-Google, Adidas & Ogilvy & Mather, Ricardo Gaspar headed the designs of some of the most memorable projects of Google and Adidas including the first design language system of Google and Adidas first Mobile Online Store and MiCouch (PMP). He’s currently the CCO and Co-Founder of Level Z, the first Startup Factory in the Middle East, and Skiplino, the most intelligent Queue Management System in the world. He’ll be in two sessions: A workshop on “The Importance of a Design” on November 15, from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM, where he will talk about how one can attract clients and investors simply through making their product look good, and “Startup Evening” on November 12, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM where he will be debunking some myths about entrepreneurship. You can register for them here and here.
There are plenty of other amazing speakers that are going to be present throughout the Global Entrepreneurship Week. You can check them out here. And don’t forget you have to register for them!
Startup MGZN is surely going to be at the Global Entrepreneurship Week, but are you? We’re going to do some awesome live coverage of those events so make sure you follow us @startupmgzn on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.