Press Release – THE GREAT WAVE 2020
Come reinvent business, your organization and yourself.
“A not-a-conference where you wrestle with radical ideas, heart, and soul.”
This fall, the House of Beautiful Business is introducing a new type of gathering in response to our new reality. The House of Beautiful Business is a global think tank that brings people together with the mission to make humans more human and business more updated with the times.
This year, their annual flagship event, The Great Wave, will be the first-of-its-kind hybrid business festival—virtual, real life, and everything in between—and will take place from Friday, October 16 to Monday, October 19, 2020. With a growing community of 10,000+ members, The Great Wave will be happening in more than 35 locations including a hub in the Gulf States, co-hosted by Nadia Muijrers from Alphard and Yasmine Rasool from Sunny Isle Studios.
We need The Great Wave now more than ever: a wave of imagination, connection, and optimism to carry us forward to a fresh start. So this October, we’ll be jumping into a collective, co-creative, immersive, human-centered journey to reinvent business, the world, and ourselves.
The Global Agenda
- 4-day, cross-media personal and collective learning journey
- 100 speakers and performers — see preliminary line-up here — featured in online talks, deep dives, performances, and an immersive 3D experience
- Meet-ups and events in over 35 cities from Berlin to Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Melbourne, New York , and Sao Paulo, each with individual programming but all united through shared moments
- Connect deeply with thousands of attendees from business, tech, science, humanities, and the arts
- Leave with the Playbook of Beautiful Business, a co-created guide to drive the change we need now and which can be used to integrate into your business. The Playbook is designed for all sectors and cultures going forward that can help navigate through the new ways of working.
The Gulf Hub’s Events
- Day 1 – Friday, October 16: Jam In and Out
A reinvention of the opening ceremony! Jump online with our 5Rhythms Movement session to clear your mind and really let loose with fellow dancers and dreamers, colleagues and family, across the Gulf.
- Day 2 – Saturday, October 17: The Magic Majlis
A co-creative gathering of minds to (re)imagine and creatively explore what beautiful business means for the Gulf. A space to talk openly and some networking with a twist!
- Day 3 – Sunday, October 18: Ready, Set, Play!
Playful is the new productive! Experience a new way of team building and collaboration with The Great Wave Gulf gaming app. Navigate your way through challenges and activities to really connect in and out, and collaborate
- Day 4 – Monday, October 19: The Last Bath
A chill time to listen and reflect on what we learned together, featuring sounds from regional composers and a semi-guided sound bath. The sound will be available to everyone to enjoy after the festival as a takeaway to help as a mood booster, reminder and motivator.
Join us for the ride! Buy your tickets here and enjoy 25% off all ticket categories with our Hub’s discount code SPLASH_GCC!
We’re also growing a network of like-minded partners—from startups to non-profits, universities to think tanks—as we think we have something to offer one another. Sign up to our Directory and we’ll keep you in the loop!
“I have been following The House of Beautiful Business for over 2 years now, waiting for the right time to connect the Gulf to this global movement. The Great Wave is exactly what we all need as we near the end of 2020. The events and community are phenomenal, refreshing, and energizing.” – Nadia Muijrers, Alphard
Any questions regarding the program? See our FAQs or email us at