The Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB) kicks off its third annual Bahrain Tech Week today which will be running until September 19. The week-long series of events showcasing opportunities for innovation and growth in Bahrain’s thriving technology sector culminates a year of exciting developments for the Kingdom’s ecosystem, which has matured at a rapid pace.
Once again, the AWS summit, part of Amazon Web Service’s global series, will be the cornerstone event in a diverse programme of summits, forums and workshops exploring how emerging digital trends are revolutionising industries across the GCC. With the recent launch of the AWS Middle East Region, the AWS Summit, will cover how the cloud is accelerating innovation for businesses of all sizes, takes on a renewed significance this year.
Bahrain Tech Week 2019 follows on from the enormously successful Bahrain Tech Week 2018, which saw over 6,600 participants. Once again, leaders from across government, major international and regional private-sector entities as well as the region’s most exciting startup talent will convene in Bahrain.
As well as AWS Summit, other highlights include:
- AWS Startup Day – a chance for entrepreneurs to meet, learn from and exchange ideas with company founders
- Flat6Labs demo day – to meet the latest cohort of startups from the region’s leading startup accelerator
- HexGn – A startup bootcamp by global training and technology platform
- Delivering a Digital Future with Innervate – the UK tech firm playing a leading role in the digital transformation of the Middle East. Featuring guest speakers from Microsoft and Purple.
- The first GCC PropTech Time Summit, exploring how technology will play a significant role in transforming the way real estate is financed, built, leased and managed.
- How AI, ML & RPA Are Transforming Business Dynamics – Insights from leading IT firm Innosoft Solutions at Bahrain FinTech Bay
- CoderDojo Bahrain – A day learning to code apps, websites, and games for 7-17-year olds