The Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) begins with a number of exciting and informative sessions on entrepreneurship and innovation. Hosted by Tamkeen Bahrain, this year’s GEW will run from November 11th, until November 22nd, and is going to include workshops, seminars, lectures, panel discussions, and even hackathons.
In one week, prominent speakers from different backgrounds will be featured, including Sanjeev Paul CEO of Bahrain Development Bank, Simon Galpin Managing Director at Bahrain EDB, Eman Nooruddin therapist at Insight Therapy, Lana Al-Attar founder of Gud Juju, Ahmad Abugosh, Director of Marketing & Learning Programs at AstroLabs Dubai, and lot more! To keep it short, for an entire week you’re going to learn a lot. Check out the agenda here.
The Global Entrepreneurship Week was launched in 2008 by the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) and powered by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, to celebrate innovators, entrepreneurs, economists, and the various stakeholders that contribute to Bahrain’s economic growth and welfare. GEW is celebrated every year in November, in more than 160 countries, whereby thousands of events and competitions are hosted globally to inspire, engage, and connect entrepreneurs.
This year, Tamkeen’s GEW is based on 4 main themes: #GEWInclusion, #GEWYouth, #EcosystemConnect, and #GEWWomen.
Startup MGZN is thrilled to take part in this year’s GEW and we decided to share with you some of the events we’re super excited about:
- The MENA Angel Investors Summit 2018. Tenmou, Bahrain’s first “Business Angels” Company will be hosting its 7th annual MENA Angel Investor Summit 2018, with Tamkeen as the strategic partner, alongside Alba, BDB, Rowad as event partners. The aim of the summit is to provide a platform to connect local and regional startups to investors. The summit will also mark the official opening of GEW globally, where Joanthan Ortmans, the President of GEN will inaugurate the event with an opening speech. The summit be held on Monday, November 12th, from 8 AM to 4 PM, at the Ritz Carlton. Register for the summit here. #EcosystemConnect
- Women Entrepreneurs: “The Entrepreneurial Journey Towards Success”. This panel discussion is going to Feature Lana Al-Attar, Pakiza Abdulrahman, Roaya Saleh, Huda Janahi, and Shaima Rahimi. It will be held on Tuesday, November 13th, from 11 AM to 3 PM, at Ahlia University. Register for the event here. #GEWWomen
- Export and FTA Opportunities in Bahrain. Featuring Khalil Muhana, Chief International Commercial Organizations, Foreign Trade Relations, and Aida AlMudaifa, Export Bahrain, Planning & Market Intelligence. The session will be held on Tuesday, November 13th, from 11 AM to 1 PM, at Crown Plaza. Register for the event here. #GEWInclusion
- Failure Nights. A session where entrepreneurs discuss their struggles and failures throughout their entrepreneurial journey. This session will be featuring Ameen Altajer Managing Director of Infiniteware, Fahad Mohanna founder of Howayte, Eman Noorrudin therapist at Insight Therapy, and Ahmed Janahi Community Engagement Manager at Tamkeen, and will be held on Tuesday, November 13th, from 6:30 to 8:30 at Brinc Batelco IoT Hub. Register for Failure Nights here. #GEWInclusion
- The Effect of Robotics Education on Bahrain’s Market. Featuring Mohamed Azreen, CEO of the Creative RoboTech Store, the session will be held on Monday, November 12th, from 5 PM to 6 PM at Muharraq Model Youth Centre. Register for it here. #GEWYouth
- Iot Hackathon. Organized by Brinc Batelco’s IoT Hub, the hackathon invites individuals and teams of markers, marketers, technologists, developers, and business-oriented innovator to build the next generation of IoT devices. Best part? The winner goes home with BD 2000! The Hackathon will be held from November 14th until November 15th, from 9 AM to 5 PM at Brinc Batelco IoT Hub. Hurry up and register here! #GEWInclusion
- Startup Weekend Bahrain. In 54 hours, you get to launch your startup – true story. This year’s Startup Weekend is organized by Bahrain FinTech Bay and StartUp Bahrain and will be held from November 15th until November 17th at Bahrain FinTech Bay. Grab your tickets here! #EcosystemConnect
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals. This workshop will be led by Ahmad Abugosh, Director of Marketing & Learning Programs at AstroLabs Dubai, on November 18th, from 10 AM to 5 PM at Downtown Rotana. Register here. #GEWInclusio
- Making Sense of VAT. This panel discussion is going to feature Dr. Jarmo Kotilaine Chief Planning and Monitoring Officer at Tamkeen, Ali Al Mahroos Senior Manager at KPMG, Philippe Norre Head of Tax and Corporate Service at KPMG, and Emma Al Mansoori Founder and Managing Director of Empower Business Solutions. It will be held on November 18th, from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM, at the Westin Hotel. You can register for the panel discussion here. #GEWInclusion
- Ideate Camp. A two-day bead of bootcamp designed for talents, skilled people and freelancers t learn how to turn their talent and passion into a digital business. The event will be held on November 14th, from 3 PM to 8 PM, at Space340. Register for the event here. #EcosystemConnect
- BlockOn. Held in strategic partnership with Tamkeen, and the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB), under the patronage of H.E Khalid Al Rumaihi, CE of Bahrain EDB, BlockOn 2018, a global Blockchain conference is coming to Bahrain and will feature inspiring talks, new demos, and interactive networking to over 300 attendees. The event will be held on Thursday, November 22, from 9 AM, at Arcapita, Bahrain Bay. Click here to register. #GEWInclusion
Of course, there’s much more to look forward to. You can check out the rest of the events here.