In an article published in the Kohan Textile Journal, it was shared that the fashion industry has reached 55 billion dollars in the MENA region. That’s quite a massive amount if you come to think about it.
With such massive potential to generate revenue in this ever-growing industry, we thought it’s only reasonable to have a 1-0-1 with one of the most successful fashion businesses in Bahrain to get some tips & tricks to help other budding businesses in the industry.
Batul Dadabhai, Founder of Affinity by Batool, graced us with a conversation that we got to conclude her 5 top tips to scale your fashion business in the country.
1) Your social media account is a window into your business, especially for customers who have not physically entered your shop. Make sure you personally involve yourself in designing it in the way that you want your brand to be showcased to your customers.
It is important to gain experience in the process of editing and posting images or videos, because the more you familiarize yourself with social media techniques, the more you are able to connect to your customers on a one-to-one basis.
2) The world of fashion is an extremely vast field with unlimited possibilities. Take advantage of this and let the sky be your limit in terms of the creativity of the styles you create, the type of products that you want to expand into, and the experimentation with new and fresh ideas. You never know which of your ideas will click and support the introduction of the rest of your ideas, in order to get you closer to your ideal vision for your business.
3) Sustainability has become a growing theme among businesses around the world, and rightly so. You should maintain the concept of sustainability as an ongoing theme across your business processes. Try to reuse left-over material pieces instead of discarding them. At Affinity by Batool, we utilize every small piece of remaining fabric or lace from our dresses to produce accessories such as pouches, bags, and pillows (and even recently, masks). In addition, we help our customers construct fresh styles out of thier existing attires. We believe in and are committed to a no-waste policy.
4) In times of unfavorable market conditions, cross-marketing is a very cost-effective method of promoting your brand when consumer demand is low. Try to collaborate with other fashion-related businesses when advertising your brand in order to benefit from each other’s customer bases and maximize your respective exposures, while simultaneously keeping costs to a minimum.
5) The structure of multi-designer outlets can also present you with opportunities to develop your brand image. Working with such outlets to display your designs in their stores will enable you to increase the awareness of your brand in the market. Similarly, introducing a section in your outlet where other designers can showcase their products will allow you to attract customers from those particular brands to your shop. Both parties can mutually benefit from such arrangements.
Similarly, introducing a section in your outlet where other designers can showcase their products will allow you to attract customers from those particular brands to your shop. Both parties can mutually benefit from such arrangements. Remember the previous point about collaboration?
We hope you found this article informative and helpful, and if you’re looking for more tips, you can always get connected with entrepreneurs of the industry and get mentored under their guidance and assistance.
Got any more tips to share with us? Feel free to reach out on our social media platforms on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.