You probably know that STEP is organizing its annual incredibly cool and not-to-miss conferences that brings together entrepreneurs, technology-centric and digital startups–all, of course, with some dope live entertainment! Here’s a recap of STEP 2017 to give you a glimpse of how awesome STEP Conferences are.
As usual, STEP 2018 will feature some inspirational entrepreneurs whose talks are guaranteed to blow your mind away. Here’s a shortlist of five entrepreneurs you MUST see when you’re at the STEP 2018 Conference.
- Walid Mansour: Managing Partner & Chief Investment Officer at Middle East Venture Partners (MEVP). Walid has more than 16 years of experience in Venture Capital, strategy, corporate finance and engineering within the digital, telecom, software and new media industries. He was previously a lead associate at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants. Walid is also a Board Member of Shedul, FADEL, TreasuryXpress, Anghami, and Falafel Games.
- Maysa Jalbout: She’s the founding CEO of Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education. Maysa is a recognized leader in the field of education and philanthropy with more than 20 years of experience in building effective organizations, initiatives and partnerships in Canada, the Middle East and other developing nations. Maysa is also a Nonresident Fellow at the Centre for Universal Education and a Member of the Board of Directors for the International Baccalaureate.
- Elissa Freiha: She’s an angel investor and Director at WOMENA, a Dubai-based angel investment platform. She Elissa has over 40 investments and has won numerous awards including being the first female recipient of Investor of the Year at the StartUp Awards. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Global Communications from the American University of Paris and have previously worked in marketing, sales, and events in entertainment and media.
- Michael Arrington: He’s the founder and former co-editor of TechCrunch, a blog that covers topics on Silicon Valley and the startup communities around the world. Wired and Forbes have named Michael as one of the most powerful people o the Internet, and in 2008, he was selected by Time Magazine as one of the most influential people in the world.
- Craig Moore: Founder and CEO of Beehive, UAE’s first online marketplace for peer-to-peer lending. Craig is responsible for overseeing the overall strategic direction and managing the day-to-day operations of Beehive. He was also the founder and COO of Butterfly Software, a data analytics and migration software company that was acquired by IBM in September 2012.
Of course, there are plenty of more speakers at the conference. To get the full line-up of speakers and cool participants, visit STEP Conference’s website for more information. And make sure you get your tickets to STEP 2018 here.