Startup Workshops 2 is a series of free practical workshops by Startup MGZN for Bahraini women looking to start their own business or learn new skills and knowledge to take their business to the next level.
This program is for Bahraini women only.
Building public awareness about women entrepreneurs, highlighting role models, and promoting success stories.
Workshops & Mentorship
Practical workshops & mentorship sessions for Bahraini women, building capacity and knowledge.
Networking & Huddles
Several networking events and huddles open to the public to build a network, be inspired, learn from failures, and more.
Right in Bahrain.
For Bahraini women.
For you, for free.
The upcoming agenda for the program, including workshops, casual gatherings, panel discussions, and huddles.
February 23-24 2020
How to build & manage a business in Bahrain.
by Sinan Khatib
A serial entrepreneur who’s built many business, including Noodle Wok, Burrito Loco, & Sandwich Guys. Broad expertise, a Psychoanalytic Theory major (University of Toronto), attorney at SDMA, to a VP at Thomas Weisel Partners, he’s now running a manpower business that staffs the biggest startups in the region.
- Question the basic assumptions about starting your own business.
- Be introduced to the actual realities of operating a business.
- Planning, market research, validating ideas, developing concepts.
- Identifying a target market and understanding your customers.
- Doing the official paperwork, naming, registration, and more.
- Get to know the different possible funding options and drawbacks.
- Know what programs, grants, subsidies, are available to you.
- Tips & tricks on navigating bureaucracy, official processes, and more.
Here’s what some of the previous attendees of these workshops had to say! Definitely don’t take our word for it, read what they have to say.
"This workshop was fantastic, cannot hype it enough, gained an enormous amount of knowledge thanks to you!"
– Zainab, Student
“I really enjoyed the workshop and I learned massive information that I have not heard before.”
– Fatima, Freelance Translator
“Found this workshop incredibly informative in understanding the ABCs of starting a business. Information is equally important for the consumer as for the seller!”
– Sara, English Language & Literature Student
“Very beneficial workshop I learned exactly what I am looking for from Sinan, looking forward to joining more workshops!”
– Hawraa, Motion Graphic Designer & Social Content Creator
“I surely did enjoy and benefit from the workshop. It was a great opportunity that came right in time!”
– Ghadeer, Human Resources Professional
“This workshop is really helpful, I enjoyed every moment. I got inspired by everyone here to start to think about a good business idea!”
– Leena, Banking & Finance Student
“I think this is one of the most interesting workshops for anyone who wants to start their own business. I enjoyed it very much, and I would definitely recommend it!”
– Zainab, English Trainer
“I enjoyed the workshop, I learned many things, every information was helpful!”
– Lama, Accounting Student
“Been thinking about starting my own business, but had no idea how to do so. This workshop came in perfect timing, I immediately signed up.”
– Reem, English Teacher
“I want to start my own business once I graduate, I found the workshop so helpful, everyone here was so cooperative, and it’s great networking!”
– Mariam, Student