Your office desk is too boring, cafes are too loud with weak and sometimes no internet connection, and the weather is not exactly working in your favour but you desperately need to meet a deadline. Do you suck it up and power through it? Well, you shouldn’t because we’re here today to introduce you to a motivational space that can switch you to work mode on with little to no difficulty.
Meet Space340, a co-working space and community work-hub located in the heart of Manama. It’s a creative space designed for people to gather, collaborate, and get some work done. Not only that, but Space340 provides members with the necessary tools – from
Launched last year in January 2018, by two Bahraini Partners, Salman Matter and Abdulrahman Alsayed, Space340 was launched to foster a community of growth and education for young professionals, creatives, and startups. The team currently consists of Shahd Alzaki, as the Managing Director, and Joshua de Ocampo as their Marketing Manager. “We’re primarily a co-working space, so we really value the importance of collaboration and its impact on the individual and the entrepreneurial community,” Shahd shares.
According to Shahd, Space340 doesn’t just provide a co-working space, but they also like spoiling their members with a couple of benefits including:
- A continually updated Member Card with discounts to other businesses that they’ve partnered up with including Careem, VR Cube at the Avenues, 55 Old St., Crave
- Discount rates on booking the meeting room or the whole place for private events
- Free access to different educational events under The Lab program on a monthly basis
- Free access to iDEATE camp – an educational
bootcampcreated by Space340 that helps you transform your talent or skill into a digital business
- Being part of a community through Space340’s online platform where all members can communicate with each other and benefit from each other’s expertise
- And the best part of it all? Discounted coffee from Paper Cup to get your caffeine
Speaking about the ecosystem in Bahrain,
Wondering what’s next on the agenda? Shahd tells us they’re currently working on launching their second branch which will be located in Jasra. In addition, they’ve got another exciting program in the works called “Solution” which aims to train Bahrainis in Social entrepreneurship to help them start businesses that solve social problems here in Bahrain. “We’ve got more up our sleeves that we can’t share just yet – let’s just say 2019 is going to be an exciting year for us,” Shahd promises.
You can find out more about Space340 by checking out their website here. You can also follow them on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with their upcoming activities and events.